Website Privacy, Usage and Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Downside Nurseries’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Upper Westwood, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA15 2DE. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page whenever visiting the website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Downside Nurseries is a partnership registered in the United Kingdom.
If you have any questions or queries about this policy please use the contact information at the bottom of this policy.
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
When browsing our website
Because the internet is part of the global environment, using it to collect and process personal data may involve the transmission of data on an international basis and your data may be processed outside the European Economic Area. Your data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
In order to sign up to our mailing list you only need to provide your first name, last name and email address. There is an option to unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time on every newsletter you receive from us; just scroll down to the very end of the newsletter.
On receipt of the confirmation of new email, we will send out a confirmation welcome and invite
you to give us some additional information if you wish. This currently includes
- Your age range – seedling, established, mature
- Your postcode – so we know if you’re local or someone who has travelled from afar
- Your gardening skills – novice, experienced or expert??
- Your contact telephone number, so we can contact you if your email should fail
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We primarily use email and telephone, occasionally text when contacting customers, and email for
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed above, for the following
- Providing and personalising our services
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests by email/phone or text
- Carrying out marketing and market research to develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- Providing you with information about our products and services, including any new products and services that may be of interest to you. This is normally communicated by means of an email newsletter sent via MailChimp
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We collect different information about you in a number of ways:
Information you give us
When you become a customer we will store the personal information you give to us such as your name, email address, post code and contact number. If you have signed up to receive our newsletter on line then the only initial information we collect is your first name, your last name and your email address.
Information from third parties
We occasionally receive information about you from third parties as set out below:
- Analytics providers such as Google
- Advertising networks such as Facebook
- Search information providers such as Google AdWords
WHAT ARE THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and/or for your interests and where fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we have your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and other procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and offline.
- Our IT equipment is protected by a firewall
- Our website is hosted with 1&1 whose privacy information may be found here https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/websites/digital-law/data-protection-in-e
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DETAILS TO THIRD PARTIES
For the avoidance of doubt, we do not and never shall sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties.
For instance to our service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example our website service providers and newsletter administrator). We require all third parties to respect the privacy of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
HOW AND WHEN CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED BY US?
Depending on the level of information we hold on you and the purposes of holding that information will determine how long we retain data for.
We may need to hold on to information for internal accounting and reporting purposes for a
number of years but any data that is out of date or inactive will be removed from our systems in
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under the new GDPR data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the information below to exercise these rights.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Most web browsers allow you to control the cookies stored on your computer through your browser’s settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been stored and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Removing or disabling cookies
You may choose to remove or block cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings, but in some cases, this may impact your experience of our website.
You may contact us by email or phone in matters relating to any of the above using the following details:
Post: Downside Nurseries, Upper Westwood, Bradford on Avon, BA15 2DE
Contact: Lorraine Young, Partner and Data Controller